Tuesday, May 16, 2006

BAREFOOT CONTESSA - NOT!!!



Every evening at my house, my husband and I partake in a time honored tradition:

Husband: "what's for dinner?"
Me: "I dunno, what do you want?"
Husband: "I dunno, what is there?"
Me: "I dunno, what do you feel like?"
Husband: "I dunno, whatta you got?"

This delightful conversation repeats 5 times in 10 minute intervals until we decide to get in the car. At that point we start another equally stimulating round of questions:

Me: "where are we going?"
Husband: "I dunno, where should we go?"
Me: "I dunno, where do you want to go?"
Husband: "I dunno, where is there to go?"

I go through these phases where I either think I deserve my own show on the Food Network to not even wanting to look in the general direction of the kitchen let alone step foot in it. Right now let's just say I probably haven't opened the fridge in about a month! Don't get me wrong, I'm really not that bad of a cook. My husband says I'm just plain lazy.

Oh, gotta go, it's almost that time...

2 Comments:

Blogger curmudgeon said...

Sounds like me and my wife.

3:57 PM  
Blogger don't quote me on this said...

Good to know we're not alone!

Thanks for visiting :)

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home